Oct 2019 Monthly Stats

Oct was another very busy month at the Glenthorne Library!

We had a visit from Monica Vaughan, author of the fantastic novel, SLICK!



I spoke to a Year 13 Dance class to provide context to Gulliver's Travels as they are developing a dance performance around this novel.

I created a list of 100 books boys love at Glenthorne, you can download it here

I spoke at the Internet Librarian International Conference in London on the student-led podcast we run in the Library!

I spoke at the CILIP Training Day on Reading for Pleasure initiatives.

Our Lead Student Library Assistant ran a Books & Brownies Library card drive for staff!

I reached 400 subscribers for my monthly newsletter, The Portable Magic Dispenser, which shares Reading For Pleasure ideas and initiatives from around the world. Full archive can be found here. 

Borrowing:

1,311 books were borrowed in Oct 2019, more than any other month in 7 years & 20% higher than Oct 2018.

Boys borrowed 672 books in Oct 2019, 32% more than they borrowed in Oct 2018.
From Sept to Nov 2019 boys borrowed 55% more than they did from Sept to Nov 2018.
Girls borrowed 639 books in Oct 2019.
Boys are once again borrowing more than girls in Oct.

Here are the top 10 books of Oct 2019:

10. Where the River Runs Gold by Sita Brahmachari
9. Bad Dad By David Walliams
8. Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
7. Boy 87 by Ele Fountain
6. Owen and the Soldier by Lisa Thompson
5. Guts by Raina Telgemeier
4. Slick by M.M. Vaughan
3. The Boy at the Back of the Class by Onjali Q. Rauf
2. Ghost Boys by Jewell Parker Rhodes
1. Pages & Co by Anna James

Comments

Popular Posts