Staff Library Card Drive: Brownies & Books!

The last day of school at Glenthorne before the half term was Friday 18 Oct.

After school that day the lead Student Library Assistant and myself made homemade brownies and invited staff to the Library for tea, coffee the brownies and of course great books.

The idea was simple, come to the Library, get a Library card if you didn't already have one, borrow a book and you'll get a great homemade brownie.

All staff were sent this card in an email a few weeks leading up to the event. I advertised it in the staff bulletin and announced it in staff briefing.

In addition, our Lead Student Library Assistant was given permission to come to another staff briefing to announce the event!

If you already have a Library card you were still welcome to take part of course and borrow a book for the half term and get a brownie.

I was very pleased with the turnout. We had over 20 teachers show up, many new staff who didn't realise you could borrow books from the Library.

I love promoting the Library to staff and ensuring that as many teachers use it as possible.

Even better, our Lead Student Library Assistant wandered around the Library, promoting books and her brownies (which were the clear favourite over mine!). In my opinion it was a great opportunity for teachers to see the kinds of books we have in stock and a great way for the Library Assistant to see teachers in a different space other than the classroom.

I try to run these kinds of programs as much as I can. Students will also be wrapping up books for staff closer to the Christmas holidays to give to teachers to read over the break.

I'm excited for the next event!


Comments

Popular Posts