20 Minute Reading Challenge for School Staff
Leading up to the holiday, I launched a quick and easy 20 minute reading challenge for staff at the school I work at.
The idea is to simply try to read at least 20 minutes a day and reflect on the experience.
Any staff member who signs up (via a Google form that I made) will have their names put into a draw for some book related prizes in the new year.
I'm hoping staff will take the challenge and reflect on how reading through the holiday made them feel, for some, reading 20 minutes a day might not be something they do regularly. I know I struggle to find any time to read.
I highlighted some of the basic benefits of reading for pleasure and how even just twenty minutes a day can help with sleep and anxiety as opposed to doom-scrolling on our phones.
To help them decide, I sent an email out with some ideas, highlighting popular reads, our Book Award Books and great, quick reads like the award-winning verse novel SOLO by Grainne O'Brien.
I've loved seeing all of the responses so far along with getting the chance to recommend books to new and experienced teachers alike!
.png)


Comments
Post a Comment