Roll for Recovery: a 12 Hour D&D Charity Marathon
On Saturday, 27 July I am running a 12-hour Dungeons and Dragons marathon to raise money for Crosbie House, a not-for-profit recovery and addiction centre.
Why am I raising money for Crosbie House?
In 2018 Crosbie House and their services saved my brother's life. Matt was struggling with addiction and other mental health issues and found peace and solace with the services they provided.
Tragically, Matt passed away very suddenly a few months after leaving Crosbie House. He spoke very highly of the centre and was very appreciative of their help, therefore I want to raise money in memory of Matt and the place he loved.
Why Dungeons and Dragons?
Matt introduced me to D&D in the early 90s and it cracked something open in my brain. I fell in love with it. We'd read the books together, specifically the Icewind Dale trilogy by R.A. Salvatore and books like Spellfire by Ed Greenwood.
How Does Roll for Recovery Work?
I'm running 4 D&D sessions on Sat 27 July. Each session will be 3 hours in length. I'm hoping to raise £500 for Crosbie House leading up to and during this event!
You can donate to my Just Giving Page here. Any amount is welcome! Anyone who donates will be placed in a draw to win a D&D Gamer Mimic Bag from Forbidden Planet!, a copy of my book, Let's Roll plus a unique piece of D&D art from Gannucci Art!
That's it, it's a way to support a great Centre and support us playing D&D!
But I'd like to play D&D!
No problem! If you are interested in playing in one of the sessions, the timings look like this:
Session One: 10am - 1pm BOOKED
Session Two: 1pm - 4pm BOOKED
Session Three: 4pm - 7pm
Session Four: 7pm - 10pm BOOKED
Please email me at lucasmaxwell@hotmail.com if you'd like to sign up for one of the sessions!



Comments
Post a Comment