Dungeons and Dragons at the Barnes Children's Literature Festival
I was very lucky recently to speak the Barnes Children's Literature Festival on Sunday 25 June.
I was even luckier because I was able to speak about Dungeons and Dragons.
I had no idea how it would go or if anyone would even show up, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it had sold out!
As I had a very large group, largely made up of parents and their children with ages ranging from 8-15, I broke the session into two parts:
Part I:
I gave each table a character sheet (or two depending on how many were at each table). In this way, one character had three-four people attached to it.
Quickly discussing the benefits of D&D
Qiuckly going over how combat works
Answering any questions the group might have (they had great questions)
Part II
Running a session. It was tricky running a session with so many people but I'm actually very proud on how it went, I think I pulled it off! The feedback from the group was amazing, the room really erupted in applause when it ended and I loved speaking to everyone.
I've had some messages on the things I covered, a lot of the things are in my book which you can look at here.
I'm going to provide links to the things I discussed below, I hope they are useful and if I can answer any questions just email me at lucasmaxwell@hotmail.com




Comments
Post a Comment