Quickfire Book Reviews!
This week in library lessons I'm running a quick and easy book promotion / book review program to introduce new books to the students!
It's very easy and fun - we have 30 students sitting around 8 large tables. I give each table a new book from our New Books shelf, books that I want to introduce to the students in the hope that I can get them thinking and talking about these books.
I give each table 3 minutes to read the blurb, look at the cover and have one student read the first few lines to the table (if they want to). When the 3 minutes are up they switch books with another table.
When they've had a chance to look at all books, they choose their favourite, discussing why it is their favourite. It's a simple and fun way to introduce new books to the students and they seem to really enjoy doing it!



Comments
Post a Comment