Adolescent Identities visits the Library!
Today we were very privileged to have Dr Melanie Ramdarshan Bold & Dr Leah Phillips from Adolescent Identities visit the Library to speak to close to 30 students from Years 8-10 about diversity in young adult literature.
Dr. Ramdarshan Bold and Dr. Phillips are undertaking a project on representation in Young Adult Literature at different Waterstones and schools across the UK and we were very fortunate to have been chosen to take part.
It was a fascinating and often lively conversation about stereotypes in young adult literature, adaptations that misrepresent characters and the definition of diversity and how important it is to see ourselves in the fiction we read.
I really enjoyed the discussion which was at times hilarious, serious and always engaging and interesting.
After the event, I asked many of the students who came to the Library after school what they thought of it and they all felt it was a great experience and that Dr. Ramdarshan Bold and Dr. Phillips were awesome people.
I agree and I'd love to work more with them in the future!

Dr. Ramdarshan Bold and Dr. Phillips are undertaking a project on representation in Young Adult Literature at different Waterstones and schools across the UK and we were very fortunate to have been chosen to take part.
It was a fascinating and often lively conversation about stereotypes in young adult literature, adaptations that misrepresent characters and the definition of diversity and how important it is to see ourselves in the fiction we read.
I really enjoyed the discussion which was at times hilarious, serious and always engaging and interesting.
After the event, I asked many of the students who came to the Library after school what they thought of it and they all felt it was a great experience and that Dr. Ramdarshan Bold and Dr. Phillips were awesome people.
I agree and I'd love to work more with them in the future!



Comments
Post a Comment