The Reader: The Student Book Review Magazine!

A few weeks ago I wrote a post about our students creating magazine-style book reviews using PowerPoint. You can find that post here.

During that time I also asked students to come up with a name for the magazine. The most popular title was The Reader.

The Reader is an entirely student-generated book review magazine that will be available in print form in the Library.

It is also available online below. I recommend doing this activity with students in your classroom or Library as it has been a great way to assess their reading and to have them recommend new books to their peers. At the end of each lesson we had students conduct a short presentation on their magazine page to the class.

The other students would then comment on both positives and negatives about their page so it could be improved upon.

We still have plenty of reviews on the way but I have added the first 19. It's been a fun program with a nice tangible result at the end!


Comments

Popular Posts