Top 5 Blog Posts of 2017!
It's been a busy school year to say the least. During this, the last week of the term, I'm counting down the Top 5 Blog Posts of 2017. I'll add a new one everyday this week!
#5:
Blind Date with a Book: 19th Century Edition
This was a really fun way to get Year 10 students excited about reading the classics. I did a book-talk on over 30 classic texts, then when I was done the students walked over to the tables where the books were wrapped up.
On the wrappings were clues as to what the books were about. Each student also got a bookmark advertising what the library offered on them. It was a lot of fun and I plan on revisiting this program soon. Click the image below for the full article!
Panic! In The Library: Breakout Library Orientation Game!
Codes, ciphers, locks and more! Creating a breakout game for library orientation was exhausting yet really fun. Click on the image below to see how we did it!
#5:
Blind Date with a Book: 19th Century Edition
This was a really fun way to get Year 10 students excited about reading the classics. I did a book-talk on over 30 classic texts, then when I was done the students walked over to the tables where the books were wrapped up.
On the wrappings were clues as to what the books were about. Each student also got a bookmark advertising what the library offered on them. It was a lot of fun and I plan on revisiting this program soon. Click the image below for the full article!
#4.
Panic! In The Library: Breakout Library Orientation Game!
Codes, ciphers, locks and more! Creating a breakout game for library orientation was exhausting yet really fun. Click on the image below to see how we did it!
#3:
5 Tips on Running a High School Book Club!
Brownies, open mics, technology and of course great books are part of the ingredients for a great book club experience! Click on the image for more info!
#2:
16 Books to Read Before You're 16!
I was so happy with the response we received on Twitter when Marium, one of our students, read and reviewed 16 classics in a few months time. UPDATE: She is still reading and reviewing them. Watch this space as we have some big things planned for March. Click on the image below to see the full article!
#1:
A Short Story About Book Talking and Why #SchoolLibrariesMatter
A little story about a book that became popular in the matter of minutes was my most viewed blog post of 2017! Click on the image below to read the article!




Comments
Post a Comment