Media Showcase in the Library!

I was very excited that the Media Department asked to hose their annual Media Showcase in the Library this week.



The Showcase is a celebration of the students' hard work in the realm of media as we played their short films & documentaries for students in other year groups.

Over 30 students came to watch the films, we converted the library into a miniature indie-theatre with soft seating, purple lighting that was changed to different colours using an iPhone app and decorations that were place on the entrance to make it look like the students were entering the Oscars!



The short films were a huge success. When the entire series ended several students asked to see a few again. It was also a great opportunity to highlight our Film & Media section and to bring new people to the library.



Cross-department partnerships is a big priority for me. I feel it is hugely important to ensure the entire school views the library as a centre for learning and knowledge. I can't wait to host another event like this!

Comments

Popular Posts