Sticky Note Novel Scavenger Hunt

This week in Library Lessons Year 7 & 8 are doing sticky note scavenger hunts with the novels they're currently reading.


I've adapted this idea from Brittany Wheaton, you can see her very resourceful blog here & can purchase a ton of great activities from her site.






I changed the majority of the questions that Brittany had on her resources to fit the students I was working with.


Each student was given 11 questions to work independently on. They ranged from things like "Rewrite one paragraph of your novel to completely change the plot" to "Think of two books that are similar, why are they similar?"






The 12th and final question was a group task. Students had to decide on one book and together do a 30 Second Book Talk in front of the class. I gave them 15 minutes to work out their book talk so students that might be unfamiliar with the book would have a little time to rehearse their part.


I timed each book talk and the group that put in the most effort was awarded free books!






It was a great lesson that had students reflecting on their reading and recommending new books to their peers, a win-win!

Comments

Popular Posts