Book Business Cards
Over the past few weeks Year 7 and 8 students have been coming into the library making business cards for their favourite book characters.
I start the lesson by going over what is usually found on a business card, we collect all of the ideas and make sure that they are visible to the students.
I then put them in pairs and let them use Canva, an excellent online tool that has a built-in business card template with tons of cool designs.
Before the students begin I show them sites like Pixabay, Creative Commons and Stockvault - web sites that provide copyright free images that they can use.
I really love this lesson because it's teaching the students educational technologies, copyright rules and it gets them to talk to their peers about their favourite books.
At the end of the lesson, students stand up and talk about their business cards with the class. We talk about design, the choices they made and what they love about those characters.
It's a fun lesson that the students really love, here are some of the examples of their cards below!
I start the lesson by going over what is usually found on a business card, we collect all of the ideas and make sure that they are visible to the students.
I then put them in pairs and let them use Canva, an excellent online tool that has a built-in business card template with tons of cool designs.
Before the students begin I show them sites like Pixabay, Creative Commons and Stockvault - web sites that provide copyright free images that they can use.
I really love this lesson because it's teaching the students educational technologies, copyright rules and it gets them to talk to their peers about their favourite books.
At the end of the lesson, students stand up and talk about their business cards with the class. We talk about design, the choices they made and what they love about those characters.
It's a fun lesson that the students really love, here are some of the examples of their cards below!































Comments
Post a Comment