SLAM Club, Season 1, Episode 3: Comic Book Bookmarks!
Today, in our 3rd episode of our SLAM (Student Leaders and Makers) Club, we made bookmarks out of old comic books.
This is a fun and easy activity that I recommend to anyone. I first came across this idea from the Crafting in a Green World web site.
To do this activity, you'll need:


Step 2:
Take the section you've cut out and stick it to adhesive cardstock.
This is a fun and easy activity that I recommend to anyone. I first came across this idea from the Crafting in a Green World web site.
To do this activity, you'll need:
Comic Books
Hole Punch
String for the tassel
Pens / Markers
Scissors
A pre-existing bookmark to use as a guide
And most importantly: Adhesive Cardstock that can be found here.
Making the bookmarks is really fun and easy. Here's how you do it:
Step 1: Place your pre-existing bookmark over the page you'd like to use for your bookmark, trace around it and cut it out.
Step 2:
Take the section you've cut out and stick it to adhesive cardstock.
Step 3: Cut out around the bookmark, hole punch in the middle to tie your tassel on and boom! You've got a cool looking bookmark!

We had several students sign up and try this activity out, it was a lot of fun. See the results below!
I really recommend giving this a try with your book club or teen advisory board!


Comments
Post a Comment