Manga Club, Season 4, Episode 7

This week in Manga Club we took part in two activities. The first was called 1-Minute Manga where I gave students small pieces of card stock and then gave them one minute to draw whatever they wanted as long as it was manga related.

I had no idea if this would be popular with the students, but in the end we did 6 rounds of it! They really loved the pressure of having one minute to get their ideas out.

When we finished we played a game I dubbed "Ma-Jenga", a combination of Manga & Jenga.
To start, I used Dry Erase Tape that can be found here.

On the tape I wrote down manga quiz questions, then set it up like a typical Jenga game.
I divided the students into two teams. One member from each team had a turn pulling a Jenga block from the tower without knocking it down. 

Once they had removed the block, they had to read their question out loud. I then turned a 5-second timer over, twice, giving them 10 seconds to answer the question. 
If they got it right, they got a bonus point, if they got it wrong, they did not have to put the block back on the tower, they simply had to let the other team have a turn.

If they knocked the tower over they immediately lost the game.


We played three rounds of Ma-Jenga, it was a great time! The best part was that the Dry Erase tape comes off easily, meaning you don't have to damage your Jenga blocks to play and it can be adapted to any genre.






Comments

Popular Posts