Book Review Exchange

 
This week in Library Lessons we are using the House Reading Challenge Reviews in a whole new light.
 
Normally, students complete the House Reading Challenge Review sheets every few weeks and hand them in to me.
 
This week, when all of the students have completed their reviews I gather them up and put them on a table.
 
 
 
I then ask everyone to take a review from a different House (all of our students are in one of four Houses and this is just a way to ensure they don't take their own review). In addition, they have to choose a book that is from a genre that they don't normally read.
 
I ask for a volunteer to tell me their favourite genre. When they are done I ask them which review they have chosen. They read out the name of the student and the book, along with their short review.
 
I then turn to that student and ask them to expand a little on their review that was just read by their classmate. When they are done I ask them which book review they chose and so on.
 
This creates a nice chain of on-going book reviews read by their classmates. It started as a way to ask students about their favourite genres and quickly turned into a nice way for students to expand on their writing and reading habits.

Comments

Popular Posts