Introducing #teenlibchat!

I'm a big fan of using Twitter to connect to other librarians, educators, authors - anyone who works on improving literacy in the lives of teens.

One of the best tools (in my opinion) for discovering new ideas in the library field is to take part in Twitter chats that focus on a specific library or educational topic.

The challenge is that a lot of these live chats take place in the U.S., making it difficult to join infix you're in the UK.

In response to this I decided to make my own Twitter chat - #teenlibchat

This is a hashtag that hasn't been claimed yet and one that librarians and educators can chat live with here in the UK - or anywhere if they want to!

The first chat session will be on Saturday, 3rd Dec at 6:30 pm GMT. I chose an evening time so people in North America could also take part, and it's a Saturday so some might not be at work. Apologies to all of you public librarians who work on Saturdays. I know, I did it for six years.

This chat is aimed at anyone who works with teens in libraries of all kind. Our first session will focus on library displays, what works, what doesn't and how we can make them more interactive and effective.

Hope to see you there!



Comments

Popular Posts