Pokémon Go Scavenger Hunt & Library Induction!
Today was the first day that we unrolled the Pokémon Go Scavenger Hunt as part of the Library Induction lesson and it was a big success.
This was an idea I took from librarian Karissa Fast.
Two different classes took part, a Year 7 & a Year 8 class. Before each lesson I hid eight different Pokémon characters around the Library.
Each Pokémon card had a question on it related to the rules of the library, books or research.
I split the students up into 5 or 6 groups of 5. Each table was given a Pokedex with the 8 Pokémon characters on them and a hint as to where they were hiding.
Two students were selected from each group to go into the stacks and find a Pokémon, return to their table and answer the question. Then a different group of two would go into the stacks to find the next. This way, everyone got a turn hunting down their characters.
To make things more fun, I announced that each class would be timed using a giant timer on the big screen. I am pitting classes against each other to see which class can complete the hunt the fastest.
I also gave a prize to the individual group that found their set of 8 the fastest.
The students had to answer the questions related to the library, research and reading correctly in order to have completed the scavenger hunt. This meant they took it very seriously which was great.
At the end of the lesson we reviewed the answers, handed out prizes and wrote their time on the Leader Board. The time to beat is currently 7 minutes and 50 seconds but there are plenty more library lessons to come!





Comments
Post a Comment