Using Twitter to Connect Students with Authors
I love using Twitter to connect students with authors. Our student book club, The Booklings, took part in a live Twitter chat last school year with author Eve Ainsworth and it was a great experience.
The students were excited to talk live with the person that wrote a book that they loved. It gives them ownership over the library space and lets them interact with technology in a positive and interesting way.
Starting in September, I'm taking this event even further and attempting to do at least on live Twitter chat between an author and The Booklings every month.
To do this, I reached out to authors via Twitter. The response has been overwhelming, we are now booked into 2017. I can't wait to connect with these authors. I made some posters of the events using Canva.
We'll be using #booklingschat on Twitter if you're interested in joining in!
The students were excited to talk live with the person that wrote a book that they loved. It gives them ownership over the library space and lets them interact with technology in a positive and interesting way.
Starting in September, I'm taking this event even further and attempting to do at least on live Twitter chat between an author and The Booklings every month.
To do this, I reached out to authors via Twitter. The response has been overwhelming, we are now booked into 2017. I can't wait to connect with these authors. I made some posters of the events using Canva.
We'll be using #booklingschat on Twitter if you're interested in joining in!








Comments
Post a Comment