2016 Shelf Challenge
For the second year in a row I'll be taking part in the Shelf Challenge.
It's a pretty simple concept, you choose one shelf in your library to become acquainted with as much as possible throughout April. You can try to read the entire shelf or just familiarise yourself with it.
The rule is you should blog / tweet / instagram about the books you are getting to know using #shelfchallenge.
I've chosen the shelf containing the shortlist for the Carnegie Medal as I'm running a book club that will focus on these and I want to read as many as possible!
This year I'm going to try and involve the students, here's an example of a great display from Colleen Graves:
Click on the image below for 5 ways to get students excited about the Shelf Challenge.
It's a pretty simple concept, you choose one shelf in your library to become acquainted with as much as possible throughout April. You can try to read the entire shelf or just familiarise yourself with it.
The rule is you should blog / tweet / instagram about the books you are getting to know using #shelfchallenge.
I've chosen the shelf containing the shortlist for the Carnegie Medal as I'm running a book club that will focus on these and I want to read as many as possible!
This year I'm going to try and involve the students, here's an example of a great display from Colleen Graves:
This year, the challenge is being run by librarian Kristi Taylor. You can find out more about the challenge on her site here.
She's even got a page with a poster and bookmarks you can download here. Click on the image below for 5 ways to get students excited about the Shelf Challenge.
If you get involved in the shelf challenge please let me know, I'd like to see what everyone is reading!




Comments
Post a Comment