Padlet Me Recommend You A Book
I really love using Padlet, it's an amazing tool that lets you interact with students in real-time in a multitude of ways.
I wrote an earlier post on how to use Padlet, which you can access here.
In a recent library lesson, I introduced it to a Year 8 class. I created a Padlet "wall" before the class started. I named the wall "Book Recommendations" with the sub header: "This Book Is So..."
I then provided an example, I used Virginia Boecker's novel "The Witch Hunter" and included a pic of its cover, its book trailer on YouTube and a short recommendation that I wrote, starting with "This Book Is So..."
It didn't take long for students to figure out how to use it and by the end of the lesson I had a wall filled with great book recommendations.
I intend on building this site with other classes to have a giant book recommendation wall that can be accessed and shared around the school.
I wrote an earlier post on how to use Padlet, which you can access here.
In a recent library lesson, I introduced it to a Year 8 class. I created a Padlet "wall" before the class started. I named the wall "Book Recommendations" with the sub header: "This Book Is So..."
I then provided an example, I used Virginia Boecker's novel "The Witch Hunter" and included a pic of its cover, its book trailer on YouTube and a short recommendation that I wrote, starting with "This Book Is So..."
It didn't take long for students to figure out how to use it and by the end of the lesson I had a wall filled with great book recommendations.
I intend on building this site with other classes to have a giant book recommendation wall that can be accessed and shared around the school.


Comments
Post a Comment