Marcus Sedgwick Live!
Recently, I invited three Year 7 classes into the Library to watch author Marcus Sedgwick speak live to students in Scotland.
The program was hosted by the BBC, the Scottish Book Trust and Authors Live. It was an excellent way to discover an author's inspiration's and interests.
Marcus discussed several things, including how teens are portrayed in the media (not well) and how he's fascinated with the origins of storytelling, which for him start with cave paintings that are thousands of years old.
It was a fascinating discussion and I was pleased to see close to 90 students watching eagerly.
When it was over I did a two minute book talk on each of Marcus' books that we have in the library, plus some brand new ones by different authors.
I highly recommend using Authors Live to tap into these discussions, looking forward to the next one!
The program was hosted by the BBC, the Scottish Book Trust and Authors Live. It was an excellent way to discover an author's inspiration's and interests.
Marcus discussed several things, including how teens are portrayed in the media (not well) and how he's fascinated with the origins of storytelling, which for him start with cave paintings that are thousands of years old.
It was a fascinating discussion and I was pleased to see close to 90 students watching eagerly.
When it was over I did a two minute book talk on each of Marcus' books that we have in the library, plus some brand new ones by different authors.
I highly recommend using Authors Live to tap into these discussions, looking forward to the next one!


Comments
Post a Comment