Manga Club, Season 3, Episode 5
Tonight in Manga Club we experimented with Glogster. Glogster allows you to make multimedia posters in an educational setting.
I signed up for a 7 day free trial to see if it is worth it, and I'm happy to report that it is.
Glogster allows you to use a blank canvas or a template based on a theme of your choosing.
You can then add photos, videos, sounds, text, almost anything and then share it with the world.
There are several ways to use it, book reports & reviews, promotions and so on however tonight I decided to let the students make an interactive film poster based on their favourite manga title.
I used an educational account and set up a class, had the students join and they soon figured out how to make attractive-looking posters using this program. It's pretty easy to use, with lots of features and ways to make an interesting product.
I signed up for a 7 day free trial to see if it is worth it, and I'm happy to report that it is.
Glogster allows you to use a blank canvas or a template based on a theme of your choosing.
You can then add photos, videos, sounds, text, almost anything and then share it with the world.
There are several ways to use it, book reports & reviews, promotions and so on however tonight I decided to let the students make an interactive film poster based on their favourite manga title.
I used an educational account and set up a class, had the students join and they soon figured out how to make attractive-looking posters using this program. It's pretty easy to use, with lots of features and ways to make an interesting product.
When we were finished we had a manga quiz on Quizalize. Quizalize is a very easy way to create a quiz, put students in teams and let them compete.
You can search for your own quizzes on Quizalize but I chose to create my own. I let each student have 20 seconds to review a question, each were multiple choice. The program automatically launched them into teams. which they joined by entering in an access code that I was given after creating the quiz.
Loads of fun, I'll be using Quizalize a lot in the future!






Comments
Post a Comment