Essay Writing Tips for Students & More
I've been asked to speak to Y12 classes in a few weeks on Essay Writing Tips.
I knew I wasn't going to reinvent the wheel on the topic, so I went looking for reliable essay writing, studying & note taking based sites that I could use to get the message across.
I decided to make a list of ones I really liked, you can click on the images to visit the web sites.
The Study Gurus are based out of New Zealand & are a treasure trove of information on studying tips, motivation and essay writing.
I liked them so much I adapted their site into a Prezi presentation.
They also have downloadable templates for paragraph structure and more, highly recommended.
Purdue's Online Writing Lab has tons of resources on anything you'd like surrounding writing tips, avoiding plagiarism, style guides, even tips on how to reduce anxiety and stress surrounding assignments and exams.
I use this site extensively when I speak to students about how to take notes effectively and create a positive head space regarding their work.
Questia Writing Centre has a series of online tutorials that include essay writing, how to use a library properly (ask the librarian!) & evaluating your sources.
If you want clear, concise videos with a DYI feel you can't beat Common Craft.
They cover everything from plagiarism, primary & secondary sources, to protecting your reputation online. Not just for students, anyone can benefit from these great videos.
I knew I wasn't going to reinvent the wheel on the topic, so I went looking for reliable essay writing, studying & note taking based sites that I could use to get the message across.
I decided to make a list of ones I really liked, you can click on the images to visit the web sites.
The Study Gurus are based out of New Zealand & are a treasure trove of information on studying tips, motivation and essay writing.
I liked them so much I adapted their site into a Prezi presentation.
They also have downloadable templates for paragraph structure and more, highly recommended.
Purdue's Online Writing Lab has tons of resources on anything you'd like surrounding writing tips, avoiding plagiarism, style guides, even tips on how to reduce anxiety and stress surrounding assignments and exams.
I use this site extensively when I speak to students about how to take notes effectively and create a positive head space regarding their work.
Questia Writing Centre has a series of online tutorials that include essay writing, how to use a library properly (ask the librarian!) & evaluating your sources.
If you want clear, concise videos with a DYI feel you can't beat Common Craft.
They cover everything from plagiarism, primary & secondary sources, to protecting your reputation online. Not just for students, anyone can benefit from these great videos.






Comments
Post a Comment