Creating Infographics using Piktochart!
I decided to play around with a new program I've discovered called Piktochart.
I used it to create a quick infographic on our Library Statistics from the previous year.
Piktochart is free, but like most programs, you can pay more for extra options.
I wanted to create a quick chart or graph, so I chose the "Infographic" option, scrolled down and then chose "Create Your Own Infographic." There are several pre-built templates that are really great looking but I wanted to create my own.
Piktochart is free, but like most programs, you can pay more for extra options.
I wanted to create a quick chart or graph, so I chose the "Infographic" option, scrolled down and then chose "Create Your Own Infographic." There are several pre-built templates that are really great looking but I wanted to create my own.
You also have the option of creating reports, posters and presentations with embedded videos.
After changing the background colour & I clicked on the "Text" button to give my infographic a title. I then clicked "Tools" and then "Charts."
As you can see it lets you embed videos and even maps. I thought it might be cool to use the "maps" function one day to showcase all of the countries we've reached with our Skype visits, but one thing at a time.
After dragging the "Charts" icon into the blank canvas, I was given several options to choose from. I decided to go with "Stacked Venn" as I'd never seen a graph like that before and I thought it was cool.
It then opens up an Excel-like page where you can easily change the pre-set terms to whatever you want, for me it was "Total Books Borrowed" & the actual numbers and so on.
Once I was finished I could download it to my desktop as a .jpeg and easily import it to my blog.
What I did was pretty simple, but as you'll notice Piktochart can be used to make much more complicated information look sleek and cool.
I think I might use it to show off all of our stats on a monthly basis!
Click on the pic to be taken to the infogaphic's site:
Click on the pic to be taken to the infogaphic's site:






Looks very cool
ReplyDelete