Using Canva to Give Your Blog a Facelift
I was recently made aware of Canva and how easy it is to use to create interesting, attractive designs, and the best part is they're free!
You can pay for extra images & designs etc but I was able to easily spruce up the header image on this blog for no money.
The first step is to make an account with Canva, also free. Once that's finished, log in and click the "+" symbol under the Designs heading.
From here you can choose what you want to create, since I wanted a new Blogger header, I scrolled down to "Blogging & eBooks" and clicked on "Album Cover" because I wanted my new header to be bigger than my original one.
Next, you can choose a layout, there is a search field that lets you choose from over 1 million images, however not all of them are free.
For fun, I typed in "books" and chose the free one you see on the header above you.
Once selected, your image appears in the field on the right. Grab the corners to adjust the size or rotate.
Next, I wanted a new background so I simply selected "background" from the left and chose another free one.
I needed text on my image so I clicked 'Text" from the left and chose one I liked, this one was a Corner Tab. Again, you can adjust the size of your text box easily and place it wherever you want within your image.
When I was finished, I clicked "Download" and chose "As an Image." You also have the option of making it a High-Res PDF.
After saving it to my desktop, I opened my Blogger account and uploaded my new image into the header.
I had heard about Canva in the past and was kind of intimidated by it but was pleasantly surprised at how easy and fun it was to use.
I'm definitely going to be using it in everything from posters to book club activities this coming year!
You can pay for extra images & designs etc but I was able to easily spruce up the header image on this blog for no money.
The first step is to make an account with Canva, also free. Once that's finished, log in and click the "+" symbol under the Designs heading.
From here you can choose what you want to create, since I wanted a new Blogger header, I scrolled down to "Blogging & eBooks" and clicked on "Album Cover" because I wanted my new header to be bigger than my original one.
Next, you can choose a layout, there is a search field that lets you choose from over 1 million images, however not all of them are free.
For fun, I typed in "books" and chose the free one you see on the header above you.
Once selected, your image appears in the field on the right. Grab the corners to adjust the size or rotate.
Next, I wanted a new background so I simply selected "background" from the left and chose another free one.
I needed text on my image so I clicked 'Text" from the left and chose one I liked, this one was a Corner Tab. Again, you can adjust the size of your text box easily and place it wherever you want within your image.
When I was finished, I clicked "Download" and chose "As an Image." You also have the option of making it a High-Res PDF.
After saving it to my desktop, I opened my Blogger account and uploaded my new image into the header.
I had heard about Canva in the past and was kind of intimidated by it but was pleasantly surprised at how easy and fun it was to use.
I'm definitely going to be using it in everything from posters to book club activities this coming year!






Comments
Post a Comment