Summer Reading Recommendations
In an attempt to provide students with a varied-list of summer reading recommendations, I decided to fill a jar with post-it notes.
On each note is written the title of a book and four main plot points.
The goal is to have the students thinking about reading throughout the summer and having the ability to choose a book on their own by taking some hints and tips from the jar.
I'm going to put it out Monday and see what happens!
On each note is written the title of a book and four main plot points.
The goal is to have the students thinking about reading throughout the summer and having the ability to choose a book on their own by taking some hints and tips from the jar.
I'm going to put it out Monday and see what happens!


I love this jar idea! Are they taking them?
ReplyDeleteHi Colleen,
DeleteI decided to tie the jar to a "Great Summer Read" display so when a student pulled a card out I could say "It's right over there if you want to look at it," which was very effective. There were only 2 books left on the display by the end of the week. I'll probably continue this idea in some form or another next school year!
-Lucas