House Reading Challenge
I'm excited to launch the House Reading Challenge in September, I've been working hard on getting it finalised before the end of this year.
On 30th June the House system was launched at Glenthorne. Staff and students were divided up into four different houses, each representing a different historical figure.
The houses are:
House Turing (Blue)
House Morris (Red)
House Rollason (Gold)
House Rutherford (Purple)
Everyone was given a house badge to wear on their lanyards and we've already had some fierce competition with Challenge Week and Glenthorne Games.
I've made the below display to keep track of how many books each house has read:
This is how the Reading Challenge will work:
It is open to all year groups & staff.
It will run the entire year.
On 30th June the House system was launched at Glenthorne. Staff and students were divided up into four different houses, each representing a different historical figure.
The houses are:
House Turing (Blue)
House Morris (Red)
House Rollason (Gold)
House Rutherford (Purple)
Everyone was given a house badge to wear on their lanyards and we've already had some fierce competition with Challenge Week and Glenthorne Games.
I've made the below display to keep track of how many books each house has read:
This is how the Reading Challenge will work:
It is open to all year groups & staff.
It will run the entire year.
There are 3 Reading Awards within
the challenge – Bronze (10 books read) Silver (20 books read) Gold
(30 books read)
Books must be read from a set of
reading lists which I have almost completed.
To prove they’ve read a book they
must provide a reading response to me in the form of a short written book
review and at least 2 multimedia reviews.
I have a reading gauge to keep
track and a large display ready to go so students can keep track – updates will
be provided in assemblies as to who is in the lead.
A trophy will be awarded in WSA
before Glenthorne Games – we've already secured a trophy in the shape of a book with a star around it, should be awesome!


Comments
Post a Comment