Student Book Review: More Than This by Patrick Ness
‘More than this’ was
amazing from my point of view. This book is about a boy called Seth that drowns
(don’t worry that wasn’t a spoiler, it says that on the blurb) and he wakes up
in a completely different place from his home. He used to live in America, but
this place is very different from anywhere in America. The world he is in seems
strangely quiet and empty. Because of this, Seth presumes that this is ‘hell’.
Basically this book is his story of how he survives in this place called
‘hell’. It has so much action and adventure and it’s a book I didn’t want to
put down. This book does have swearing and a little bit of mature content in it
so only read it if you are a mature reader.
When I started this book, I instantly
knew it was going to be amazing. My prediction was correct, and every sentence
was like a mini cliff hanger, making it impossible to put down! I would
recommend this for people that like dystopian stories and also for people who
like mysteries. There are a bit of metaphors that I had to read over once or
twice but generally I really enjoyed it. I just have one problem. The ending.
To be honest, I don’t want to spoil the story for anyone so I’m just going to
say this; the ending is just so unsatisfying. I really think there should be just
a quick sequel. If you’re looking for a really good book to read, then you
should defiantly go read this! It’s quite a quick read depending on how fast
you read but fast or slow, you will still enjoy it, I guarantee!



Comments
Post a Comment