Patron of Reading
I'm pleased to announce that starting next year, Glenthorne High School will be participating in the Patron of Reading program.
The Patron of Reading program pairs an established author with a school in the UK.
The author will work with the school for a period of approximately three years to raise the profile of reading for pleasure with pupils, parents and staff.
I spent a long time looking at different authors that I felt would both mesh well with the students and have written books that connect with teens. I was very pleased to find out that author Eve Ainsworth was not only available but willing to be Glenthorne's Patron.
Eve Ainsworth's novel "7 Days," which tackles bullies in schools, was already a big hit with the students which made my decision that much easier. "7 Days" is unique because it tells part of the story through the eyes of the bully themselves, not just the victim.
Eve was recently profiled in the Guardian, which can be accessed here.
Our role in the program will be to have Eve visit the school, create a dedicated display for her and her novels in the Library, promote her work via social media and through the school's web site.
Eve's role will be to donate her books to the Library, promote reading challenges / competitions we may be running, promote our work through social media and write a blog or web site about her role as Patron of Reading for Glenthorne.
I'm very excited to get started and can't wait to meet Eve and discuss programs and events with her for next year!
You can find Eve at http:eveainsworth.com and on Twitter at @EveAinsworth
The Patron of Reading program pairs an established author with a school in the UK.
The author will work with the school for a period of approximately three years to raise the profile of reading for pleasure with pupils, parents and staff.
I spent a long time looking at different authors that I felt would both mesh well with the students and have written books that connect with teens. I was very pleased to find out that author Eve Ainsworth was not only available but willing to be Glenthorne's Patron.
Eve Ainsworth's novel "7 Days," which tackles bullies in schools, was already a big hit with the students which made my decision that much easier. "7 Days" is unique because it tells part of the story through the eyes of the bully themselves, not just the victim.
Eve was recently profiled in the Guardian, which can be accessed here.
Our role in the program will be to have Eve visit the school, create a dedicated display for her and her novels in the Library, promote her work via social media and through the school's web site.
Eve's role will be to donate her books to the Library, promote reading challenges / competitions we may be running, promote our work through social media and write a blog or web site about her role as Patron of Reading for Glenthorne.
I'm very excited to get started and can't wait to meet Eve and discuss programs and events with her for next year!
You can find Eve at http:eveainsworth.com and on Twitter at @EveAinsworth




Comments
Post a Comment