Manga Club, Episode 23
Today in Manga Club we tried out a new quiz format using Socrative. Socrative is an online student response system that can be used in multiple ways.
One way it can be used is by making exciting, interactive quizzes and this is what I tried with the Manga Club today.
Using a free educator's account, I was able to create a multiple choice quiz based on the volumes of manga we have here in the Library. It also gives you the ability to make them True or False or Short Answer.
After the quiz was completed, you are given a unique "Room Number." Students can log in instantly using this number, they don't have to register or create an account, they just type the number in and they are instantly transported to the quiz. All they have to do is provide a name, which can be anything.
What I like about this program is that it gives you the option of making it student-led, meaning the students can answer the questions at their own pace, or teacher led, where the students have to wait for the teacher to let them see the next question.
As the quiz progresses, the teacher is able to see how well each student is doing live. This created an unbelievably exciting atmosphere as I gave away hints as to who was in the lead.
When it was over, they wanted to make their own quizzes on it so I let them log in as a teacher and make their own. I took part in one of them and as you can see, "MangaMaxwell" only got one question correct.
Student feedback was very positive, with one student asking why all subjects weren't doing something with it. I hope to inform the teachers about this in the upcoming weeks as I feel it is a great tool to make learning fun.
One way it can be used is by making exciting, interactive quizzes and this is what I tried with the Manga Club today.
Using a free educator's account, I was able to create a multiple choice quiz based on the volumes of manga we have here in the Library. It also gives you the ability to make them True or False or Short Answer.
After the quiz was completed, you are given a unique "Room Number." Students can log in instantly using this number, they don't have to register or create an account, they just type the number in and they are instantly transported to the quiz. All they have to do is provide a name, which can be anything.
What I like about this program is that it gives you the option of making it student-led, meaning the students can answer the questions at their own pace, or teacher led, where the students have to wait for the teacher to let them see the next question.
As the quiz progresses, the teacher is able to see how well each student is doing live. This created an unbelievably exciting atmosphere as I gave away hints as to who was in the lead.
When it was over, they wanted to make their own quizzes on it so I let them log in as a teacher and make their own. I took part in one of them and as you can see, "MangaMaxwell" only got one question correct.
Student feedback was very positive, with one student asking why all subjects weren't doing something with it. I hope to inform the teachers about this in the upcoming weeks as I feel it is a great tool to make learning fun.





Comments
Post a Comment