Carnegie Book Club!
Today we held the first meeting of our Carnegie Book Club. Every year, eight books are chosen by librarians, teachers and other educational professionals to be in the running for the coveted Carnegie medal.
We had 10 students in attendance for the club. I provided them each with a Reading Record so they could write reviews and keep track of what they are reading. Today we voted on our favourite cover, Patrick Ness' 'More Than This' won handily. I was hoping that Sally Gardner's 'Tinder' would take home that title but I was quickly out-voted.
We took turns reading the blurbs of each book and then the students were allowed to borrow their favourite. Some students have already finished 'More Than This,' so I asked them to write a review of it in their Reading Record.
I also took an official group photo, this allowed us to make our own Carnegie Shadow site which will be filled with reviews, videos and other activities.
We had 10 students in attendance for the club. I provided them each with a Reading Record so they could write reviews and keep track of what they are reading. Today we voted on our favourite cover, Patrick Ness' 'More Than This' won handily. I was hoping that Sally Gardner's 'Tinder' would take home that title but I was quickly out-voted.
We took turns reading the blurbs of each book and then the students were allowed to borrow their favourite. Some students have already finished 'More Than This,' so I asked them to write a review of it in their Reading Record.
I also took an official group photo, this allowed us to make our own Carnegie Shadow site which will be filled with reviews, videos and other activities.
The students have already decided that our group needs a mascot and a theme song so it will be an interesting book club to say the least!


Comments
Post a Comment