Student Poetry: Whole
This year we're once again taking part in the Christopher Tower Poetry competition.
This year's theme is "Cells." Here's the latest one:
This year's theme is "Cells." Here's the latest one:
Whole
I am whole.
It’s a
wholeness that encompasses,
That binds
me.
And while I
sit here
Trapped in
my man-made inadequacies,
Such that
you gave me,
I remain
whole.
Because I
was not made for you.
I was not
made to bow down to what you say is right.
To what you
tell, and what you yell
And what you
preach to me.
I was born
to question, and to push, and to seek answers.
I was born
to ask why.
Why? Because
your actions are unjustified.
You remain
glorified
While others
crawl and cry beneath you
And you
laugh.
And we cry.
And yet you
cannot touch us
Because we
are whole.
You look but
refuse to see
And that is
your greatest downfall.
Because you
are untouchable
And so
cannot be touched
By wholeness
It is you
that is trapped, not us;
Trapped by
your own insufficiency.
And I am
sad.
Because you,
too, could be whole.


Comments
Post a Comment