Book Quizzes
One thing I've learned since I've started working in a School Library is that students love quizzes. They will take any situation and turn it into a competition.
I started out creating my own book quizzes and doing them once a month for the students. Creating a presentation with nice graphics helps a lot. Over time, the Library Assistants started making their own and now we have a team of Library Assistants whose top priority seems to be making quizzes of some kind.
It's been a great way to expose students to new books and to get them up in front a group presenting material that they have created, a great confidence booster and a good way to promote reading in general.
I started out creating my own book quizzes and doing them once a month for the students. Creating a presentation with nice graphics helps a lot. Over time, the Library Assistants started making their own and now we have a team of Library Assistants whose top priority seems to be making quizzes of some kind.
It's been a great way to expose students to new books and to get them up in front a group presenting material that they have created, a great confidence booster and a good way to promote reading in general.


Comments
Post a Comment