The Diary of a Wimpy Kid Postcard Writing Contest

In the last two weeks of November we launched a Diary of a Wimpy Kid postcard-writing competition for Year 7 & 8.

Students were asked to write on the back of a Wimpy Kid-themed postcard, describing their perfect holiday. Extra consideration was given to those students who decorated their postcards in a creative way.

We had over 100 entries, but could only provide prizes for 3 students. Each student won a copy of the new Wimpy Kid novel "The Long Haul."

Here are the winning write-ups:

"My perfect holiday would be at the beach with all my family and friends, having fun in the water and relaxing the whole day with a delicious picnic."

"Hey, it’s me, Kacey. I have been on an amazing holiday. First, I saw sand sculptures and then I saw dancing monkeys. Spain is my favourite place ever!"

"I would go to Hawaii – I would do a Hawaiian dance, eat and complete competitions. I would describe it as surfing curly waves, having fun and enjoying crystal sand, love, flying in the air, and rustling palm trees."


See our display and a small handful of our entries below!

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts